Well – after a season of cold and rain – who would have thought that we would get ‘heated out’ for Christmas!!
The Association will decide on Friday morning if its Extreme Heat policy will result in the cancellation of cricket for all U12 Games and older – determined by the forecast on Friday morning. Based on the current forecast of 43 – it is highly likely games will be cancelled.
If this occurs – then Nunawading Cricket Club will also cancel Junior Blasters and Super 7s training. It would obviously be unsafe to be outside in these conditions.
Unfortunately – based on my recent phone call to the North Pole – I also understand that despite his best efforts, Santa would then also be unable to attend…………. it would just be too hot – especially given his upcoming role on Tuesday evening!!!
If all cricket and our Christmas party is cancelled (which is likely) – we will still have the club rooms open from about 6.00pm. For those families who would like to come together in air conditioned comfort – have a cold drink – and watch the Melbourne Stars beat the Brisbane Heat – please come along. If this occurs, feel free to bring along a plate to eat (cheese or whatever other food you like – we can always also order pizza)!!
I will update Coaches and Team Mangers as soon as I hear anything on Friday – so please keep an eye on your emails.
The good news is that Saturday and Sunday Super 7s and Fast 9s matches should go ahead as fixtured.
Any queries, please let me know.