Hi everyone – a quick update on the progress of the U16A Nunawading Grand Final last night.
U16A Grand Final
Our boys won the toss, and elected to bat. Just prior to the scheduled 5.00pm start, the rain came down, delaying the start of the match by 75 minutes. When play started, Joshua Richardson and Aditya Munukutla batted well to get the boys off to a very solid start. After both boys were dismissed to great catches, Ethan Walker and Cameron Clark saw the team through til stumps – where our boys are 2/79 off 23 overs. Given the loss of time, Nunawading will continue batting next Friday for another 21 overs, before Glen Waverley will bat their 44 overs. It will be probable that the Grand Final Reserve Day – will be required (which is on Labour Day). Thanks to everyone who came and supported the boys last night. It was greatly appreciated.
Senior Finals today/tomorrow
A reminder of the clubs senior finals, where any support would be great:
· 1sts – East Burwood Reserve (South Ground) – Captained by ‘Monty’ (who has assisted with Milo this season on a number of weeks) – the team also features Club and U16 Coach Buddy.
· 2nds – East Burwood Reserve (North Ground) – captained by Club Treasurer Roger, and has featured Junior Boys.
· 3rds – Mahoneys Reserve – (featuring our Club Secretary Kevin captaining from the front, Derek Clark and Milo Co-Ordinator Paul Allen – although he may have a broken toe!!
· 4ths – Ballyshannessy Park (East Burwood – South Ground) – Our Club President Dave Cowell leads this team, with Glen (Max) and Pat from ‘behind the bar’ in great support.
· 5ths – Highfield Park (Camberwell) – this team has featured Pete Jessup, Brad Gant, Jean-Paul Lefebure, Chris Maguire and Mal West, throughout the season – and a number of U14 and U16 boys!!
· 1 Day Team (Mahoneys Reserve) – captained by AJ, who has lead all season.