A quick but important update this week!! Although the season on the field has finished for Milo, U10, U12 and U14 and our Girls teams, there is still lots happening at Nunawading Cricket Club!
As mentioned in our Club Rooms last week after our games, our U16 Boys have made the Grand Final (after being undefeated all season). Tomorrow night, they are playing the first night of their two day Grand Final at East Burwood Reserve. If you are able to, please come along for a 5.00pm start (the game will go through ‘til about 7.45pm) and support Buddy and the Young Men. It will be a great night weather wise. After the match, I encourage everyone to come back to the club and join in the festivities for a bite to eat and drink!! – Good luck boys!!
All 6 Nunawading Senior Teams have made finals!! This is a huge achievement for the club. If you are free this Saturday and/or Sunday afternoon, please come along to the following venues to support our seniors (which include a number of Junior Players – and a few other faces you will be familiar with):
· 1sts – East Burwood Reserve (South Ground) – Captained by ‘Monty’ (who has assisted with Milo this season on a number of weeks) – the team also features Club and U16 Coach Buddy.
· 2nds – East Burwood Reserve (North Ground) – captained by Club Treasurer Roger, and has featured Junior Boys.
· 3rds – Mahoneys Reserve – (featuring our Club Secretary Kevin captaining from the front, Derek Clark and Milo Co-Ordinator Paul Allen – although he may have a broken toe!!
· 4ths – Ballyshannessy Park (East Burwood – South Ground) – Our Club President Dave Cowell leads this team, with Glen (Max) and Pat from ‘behind the bar’ in great support.
· 5ths – Highfield Park (Surrey Hills) – this team has featured Pete Jessup, Brad Gant, Jean-Paul Lefebure, Chris Maguire, Mal West and Rob Nash throughout the season – and a number of U14 and U16 boys!!
· 1 Day Team (Mahoneys Reserve) – captained by AJ, who has lead all season.
I know there are others who I have missed – Peiter, Tim and many juniors who will be all involved in the teams. Let’s cheer on the ‘boys’ over the next few weeks.
As mentioned, our Presentation Night will be on Friday 18 March at Mahoney’s Reserve (invitation attached). I will provide full details of the night next week. Anyone who has ordered club phots, will be able to pick them up on this night!